Synergy Schools Solar Challenge
2018 Synergy Schools Solar Challenge
Register your interest now: https://www.solarchallenge.net.au
This site is evolving to include additional activities and background information along with winners tips, video clips and inspirational articles.
Download the Synergy Schools Solar Challenge Teachers Guide:
Mal Johnson, Ralph Bradstreet, Geoff Lewis and John Clarke are working on the initial setup of the Synergy Schools Solar Challenge for 2017 (Download the flyer). We have 50 kits available, for metropolitan schools in 2017, through a partnership between Synergy and STAWA for a Year 6 competition and a Year 8 competition. Each kit has 8 complete solar car kits, curriculum linked activities, risk assessments and media forms and the kits and entry into the competition is FREE. Keep an eye on this page as activity sheets will be available for download once completed.
2017 can accommodate 25 Year 6 and 25 Year 8 schools only. We currently have 18 schools registered. To register your interest email Mal, his details are on the Flyer.
2017 Details – use for background only
The following downloads were used in the 2017 competition and will be updated for 2018. Read through them to gain an idea of what will be required in preparing for Semi-finals:
- Photo Release Form (download a copy of the SSSC Photographic release)
- Rules (download a copy of the SSSC Competition Rules)
- Insurance (download a Public Liability Certificate of Currency; KingsParkPLInsurance)
- Location (download the map for your semi-final: Carmel Map; Willetton Primary Map; Mazenod Maps; Duncraig SHS Map; SSSC Grand Final Map)
- Risk Assessment (download the risk assessment for your semi-final location: Carmel School; Willetton Primary, Mazenod College, Duncraig SHS)