STEM Education Conference: Innovation
September 28 - September 29
This conference is a joint venture between STAWA, MAWA, ECAWA and Scitech. Together we have adopted the National STEM School Education Strategy, 2016 – 2026, Education Council 2015, definition: STEM education refers to the teaching of the disciplines science, technology, engineering and mathematics and, also to a cross-disciplinary approach to teaching.
The first conference of its kind. We have a tremendous two day program, Thursday 28th and Friday 29th September. The program includes Industry speakers, STEM academics, School Leaders and Practitioners and don’t miss the VIP Gala dinner at the Crown Perth on Thursday evening 28th September.
The 2017 STEM Education Conference Aims:
To engage Primary and Secondary teachers, STEM leaders and school administrators with:
- The current and future world of employment.
- How industry and government agencies have established programs and processes to foster innovation.
- What challenges industry and government agencies face and how they form and foster multi-disciplinary teams to tackle these challenges.
- Grass roots reasons to change school practices and approaches to STEM education.
- Industry and successful school STEM models and partnerships.
- Pedagogy to better engage students with authentic and problem-based learning experiences that help reflect the world of work.
Follow the link to the conference web site.